Thursday, August 27, 2009

NEW ARTISTS FEATURED ON THE VERB

We would like to welcome these new artists to The Verb family! The music of these exceptional talents can be heard every Wednesday at 830pm PST, Friday at 8pm PST, Saturday at 12 am PST and Sunday at 3pm PST.

TJ BROWN






Born Tanya Jenine Brown, TJ was raised on the south side of Chicago. She studied music in high school and voice in college. Her favorite memory of music was singing for the teachers at her afterschool program. TJ says, “I was nervous but I remember feeling like I could fly and do anything and when I discovered I had a double gift from God and I could write--the feeling was indescribable.”

TJ had worked professionally as a session singer for ten years prior to deciding to pursue her own singing career. At the release of her album, Love’s Design, she was interviewed on Out the Box with Tim Dillinger and on Honeysoul.com with Vonnie Woods. She has also written for Ramel’s album, Closure.

TJ says about her style, “I maintain the smooth, I love sexy romantic music. I am a soul descendent of the past and a student of it as well.”
TJ Brown expresses her love of music through her music and she says, “No one should settle for something that they don’t want to do in life, sometimes sacrifices are made but you should do what you love and love what you do--I love music!”

No comments:

Post a Comment